The cruise industry has changed significantly in the past 10 years as have the people who board the ships. Unlike passengers of the past, today’s travelers don’t want to fully escape the connectivity they have on land. Quite the opposite, and cruise lines are responding with increasingly sophisticated on-board technology — especially voice-enabled interfaces — to meet those expectations. It’s as easy as walking into your cabin and knowing that a voice-enabled personal cruise assistant will immediately start responding to your queries.
Some examples of cruise-specific voice queries include:
- Discovering events and activities on the ship
- Ordering and paying for food and drink
- Getting answers to frequently asked questions, such as details for disembarking
- Information about shore excursions
- Points of interest along the way
Cruise Ships Offer Next-Generation Guest Experiences with Voice Assistants